We grieve the many lives that have been lost or painfully transformed in recent weeks through extreme acts of violence.
AND we are appalled by the surge of divisive rhetoric that sows the seeds of more violence to come.
A dangerous tide of hatred, violence, and suspicion is rising in America — whether aimed at Arab and Muslim Americans, women and the places we seek health care, Black people, immigrants and refugees, or people just going about their daily lives. This tide is made more dangerous by easy access to guns.
When has hate ever led to progress? Is this really what we want America to be?
We Are Better Than This.
Donate Now »
We call upon our politicians, leaders and the media to stop the spread of hate and division. And we pledge to stand with any community that is targeted by hateful rhetoric and violence.
Please sign on to pledge your support.
This campaign is supported by the undersigned
- Anna Galland and Ilya Sheyman, MoveOn.org
- Ai-Jen Poo, National Domestic Workers Alliance
- Cristina Jimenez, United We Dream
- Deepak Bharghava, Center for Community Change
- Heather McGhee, Demos
- Ilyse Hogue, NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Linda Sarsour, Arab-American Association of New York and MPower Change
- Rashad Robinson, Color of Change
For more information, or for interviews with #WeAreBetterThanThis core organizers, please visit our press page.
Paid for by MoveOn.org Civic Action